There has been a further week delay on the delay, but now
blueBill Mobile 0.14 is here. As anticipated, it only contains a
part of the features that were originally planned for the end of
July: the fact sheet improvements have been postponed to the end of
August / beginning of September.
The new release introduces the capability of picking different checklists and makes available the American Ornithologists' Union checklist for North America, 7th edition. Species names are available in US English and Canadian French. This new feature makes it possible to use blueBill Mobile in the North American continent.
Some defects have been corrected:
- "Anas carolinensis" and "Larus heuglini" were missing from the EBN Italia 2003 checklist and have been added.
- The American English translations for the Western Palearctic birds are now correctly rendered.
- There are no more truncations in person and place names with accents and other non-latin characters in the Calls fact sheet.
- Orders / Families / Genera lists now are always properly sorted.
- The Calls fact sheet should also load faster.
For the EBN Italia 2003 checklist, the availability of two
different english translations might cause some confusion, as some
species have different names. For this reason, in all the screens
involving a species selection now both the checklist and the
current language(s) used for species are shown in a status bar at
the bottom of the screen. Please recall that the languages used for
rendering species can be selected independently of the default
language of the smartphone.
If you have blueBill Mobile already installed on your Android phone, it is possible to upgrade by checking the list of installed applications by clicking on the "Market" icon.
Please be aware that upgrading will erase your current list of observations; save them before upgrading.